Baked Powdered Sugar Donuts. Peppermint, Fresh Fruit, Cinnamon, and Spearmint Chewing Gum! Powdered Sugar Donuts: Basically, you are making a homemade cake. They are spiced just a little with nutmeg, but not "spiced cake" tasting at all.
Let doughnuts cool in the pan. Place powdered sugar in paper bag. Once doughnuts have cooled, shake doughnuts (one at a time) in the bag with the powdered sugar until well coated.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, baked powdered sugar donuts. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Baked Powdered Sugar Donuts is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Baked Powdered Sugar Donuts is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Peppermint, Fresh Fruit, Cinnamon, and Spearmint Chewing Gum! Powdered Sugar Donuts: Basically, you are making a homemade cake. They are spiced just a little with nutmeg, but not "spiced cake" tasting at all.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have baked powdered sugar donuts using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Baked Powdered Sugar Donuts:
- Get 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Take 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp. of baking soda.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Get 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- Get 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk, at room temperature (any kind works).
- Get 1/4 cup of plain yogurt or sour cream, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Get 1 cup of confectioners sugar.
To help your powdered sugar stick to the donuts, spritz them with cooking spray or brush them with melted vegan butter. Baked Powdered Sugar Donuts I just recently purchased a donut pan and I'm now obsessed. Homemade baked donuts are so simple to make and they are delicious! This is my go to recipe for whatever kind of donuts I'm making.
Steps to make Baked Powdered Sugar Donuts:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside..
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, milk and yogurt (or sour cream) until smooth. Whisk in the melted butter and vanilla until fully combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Do not overmix..
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan. Per the recipes recommendation, I placed the batter into a large Ziploc bag, cut a hole at one corner and piped the batter into the donut cavities. Fill no more than 3/4 of the way full with batter..
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Let them sit in the donut pan for 2 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack and bake the remaining batter..
- To coat, place the confectioners sugar in a large Ziploc bag. Place the still warm donuts into the bag, one at a time. Seal the bag and shake to coat..
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature for up to 2 days..
Recipe adapted from : Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook. Then toss the donuts in powdered sugar/corn starch mixture until coated completely. Eat them immediately – that's an order. Allow donuts to cool down until you can handle them. Top the donuts: Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food baked powdered sugar donuts recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!