Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu.
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chinese bbq pork/ char siu. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have chinese bbq pork/ char siu using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu:
- Get 450 g of Pork belly 1.5 inch stripes/pork butt 1 inch thick.
- Take 1 tbsp of maltose.
- Get of Marinade:.
- Prepare 1 inch of cube red fermented tofu,mashed.
- Get 5 tbsps of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsps of oyster sauce / vegetarian stir-fry sauce.
- Make ready 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsps of dark soya sauce /2 tbsps soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Shao xing wine.
- Take 1 package of char siu seasoning mix.
Steps to make Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu:
- Tenderize pork with a turkey lifter fork. Mix all marinade ingredients together then put on pork. Put pork into a zipper bag or a container and let it marinade overnight in refrigerator..
- Preheat oven to 375C. Put water in roasting pan. Remove pork from fridge and arrange on a wire rack inside roasting pan. Bake for 30 minutes then turn it oven and bake for another 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, add maltose to marinade. Simmer marinade until it turn glossy and thick. Set aside.
- Bast thickened sauce on pork, bake for 10 minutes in order to get a nice caramelisation and char. Turn pork and bast other side, bake for 10 minutes to get even char on both sides. Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes before slicing..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chinese bbq pork/ char siu recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!