Samosa. Today's Best Deals from across the web. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. A samosa (/ s ə ˈ m oʊ s ə /) is a fried or baked pastry with a savory filling, such as spiced potatoes, onions, peas, cheese, beef and other meats, or lentils.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt and butter until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. The triangular shaped flaky pastry filled with spicy potato, chicken or lamb filling is a popular snack not only in India but in several countries of the world. Because samosa is so so common in India (you literally get samosa and chai at every other street corner), I always considered it to be a quintessential Indian delicacy.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, samosa. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Today's Best Deals from across the web. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. A samosa (/ s ə ˈ m oʊ s ə /) is a fried or baked pastry with a savory filling, such as spiced potatoes, onions, peas, cheese, beef and other meats, or lentils.
Samosa is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Samosa is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have samosa using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Samosa:
- Take 2 of medium size potatoes.
- Get 1 tsp of roasted peanuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger and green chilli crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of promenade seeds crushed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of roasted coriander seeds powder.
- Make ready to taste of red chilli powder.
- Make ready to taste of salt.
- Take 1/4 tsp of mango powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Get ,2 tsp of ghee for making the stuffing.
- Take 3-4 tsp of ghee for kneading the dough.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Take As needed of Oil for fry the samosa.
- Make ready As needed of Water for kneading the dough.
- Get 1 cup of all purpose flour or maida.
- Take 1 tsp of carom seeds or ajwain.
Serve samosas with an Indian meal, or pack them in your lunchbox. Samosa is a yummy snack enjoyed by all age groups. It may not be the easiest snack to make but it's not overly complicated to learn. The samosa I grew up eating had the most yummy fillings of aloo matar (potatoes and peas), chicken, and mixed frozen vegetables like I have used in this recipe.
Steps to make Samosa:
- First boiled the potatoes keep them aside now take a pan put a tsp of ghee when the ghee gets hot put cumin seeds when it starts crackle put the crushed ginger and green chilies sauté for a min..
- Then add mashed boiled potatoes followed by the remaking spices mentioned above along with the roasted peanuts give it a good mix Finally top it with some finely chopped coriander leaves turn off the flame put the stuffing in a bowl and allow it to cool.
- In the meanwhile Make a sheet for the samosa For this in a large bowl put all purpose flour salt carom seeds slightly crushed with your hands ghee give it a good mix (it should be bread crumbs like consistency) then add little water at a time knead a slightly tight dough then the normal chapati dough allow it to rest for 15 min..
- Now take a rolling pin take a small portion of dough and make a oval shape chapati then cut it in the middle take a one part put some water at the edges then fold.
- Take a kadhai put sufficient amount of oil for frying now the main tips for frying the samosa is to keep the oil in low to medium heat now put the samosa and fry in low to medium heat until golden brown in color, serve hot..
- The half part from both sides then join it by apply some water now fill the pockets with the potato mixture now again seal the edges by applying some water..
Samosa is a deep fried pastry with a spiced filling usually made with potatoes, spices and herbs. Sometimes these are also made with minced meat (keema). Samosa is one of the most commonly eaten snack across India. They are hugely popular and are loved by everyone. Flaky and tender fried samosa are one of the most popular recipes in North Indian cuisine.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food samosa recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!