Spanish Paella. This famous saffron infused rice dish is a traditional Spanish recipe that comes fully loaded with seafood or anything your heart desires! Nourishing, vibrant, and served without pretension, paella has held a place of honor and practicality in Spanish homes for centuries. Paella is a Spanish rice dish originally from Valencia.
Paella, the essence of Spanish cuisine. I grew up eating paella every sunday with my family, and it´s a very special dish, it brings everyone together to the table and always creates beautiful memories. Recipe of the authentic Valencian paella.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, spanish paella. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This famous saffron infused rice dish is a traditional Spanish recipe that comes fully loaded with seafood or anything your heart desires! Nourishing, vibrant, and served without pretension, paella has held a place of honor and practicality in Spanish homes for centuries. Paella is a Spanish rice dish originally from Valencia.
Spanish Paella is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Spanish Paella is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have spanish paella using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spanish Paella:
- Prepare 8 of chicken thighs (small-medium).
- Make ready 2 tsp of dry thyme.
- Make ready 2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- Take 5 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of Spanish chorizo sausage.
- Prepare 1 of red onion (large), chopped.
- Take 1 of red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1” pieces.
- Take 4 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Get 1 can (16 oz.) of crushed tomatoes, drained.
- Get 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Make ready 2 cups of Spanish rice, short-medium grain.
- Get 1 tsp of saffron threads (it’s expensive, but key!).
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of chicken stock (warm).
- Get 16 of raw medium shrimp, peeled with tails on.
- Make ready 10 oz. of firm fish fillet, sliced into 1” pieces.
- Take 12 of mussels or small-medium clams, cleaned.
- Take 1 cup of sweet peas (frozen), thawed @ room temp.
- Take 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, coarsely chopped.
- Get 2 of lemons, (1 for juice, 1 for garnish for the plates).
Amadeo Faus from his restaurant in Gandia shows us the traditional recipe of Valencian paella. Red paella: This colorful paella gets its name from the addition of paprika and red bell peppers, which flavor the rice. Filling but light, this paella leaves ample room for a creamy Spanish dessert. Paella Valenciana – The original paella was born in Valencia.
Steps to make Spanish Paella:
- Plate chicken thighs and sprinkle thyme, paprika, salt, & pepper on both sides and let stand for about 10 minutes..
- Heat the olive oil in a paella pan (or very large fry pan) over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan and brown on both sides for 5 minutes per side. Turn the chicken over again, and add the chorizo sausage..
- Brown both sides of chicken and sausage for 4 minutes per side. When the oil begins to turn a mild reddish color, remove the chicken and sausage to a platter..
- Lower the heat (medium-low) and sauté onion and bell pepper for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, cook until the mixture thickens a bit and the flavors begin to meld. Season lightly with salt & pepper and coriander..
- Fold in the rice with a spoon, stirring to coat the grains. Sprinkle the saffron threads into the rice. Pour in the chicken stock, simmer for 10 minutes. Rotate the pan around the heat so that the rice cooks evenly and starts to absorb the liquids. [Do not cover or stir].
- Add the shrimp and fish evenly around the pan. Next add the chicken and the sausage (sliced 1/2”). Gently fold all of the pan pieces together with a large spoon, turning the mixture over a 3-4 times..
- Place the mussels (or clams) evenly around the pan. Let this simmer without stirring, until the rice is al dente, about 15 minutes..
- Scatter the thawed peas on top, continue to cook for 5 minutes. Cover the pan (with a round pizza pan) until the paella looks fluffy and moist and the mussels have opened..
- Uncover the pan and drizzle squeezed lemon juice over the paella. Remove any un-opened mussels (or clams). Take the pan off of the heat and allow it to rest for a few minutes and garnish the top with chopped parsley..
- Bring the pan to the table served warm using a large spoon to serve. Use lemon wedges on the plates for a garnish. Serve with home-made Sangria (yes!) or your favorite beverage..
Some may say that is the original and more flavorsome way of cooking a Spanish paella. The Valencia region of Spain is the birthplace of paella where the traditional 'paella valenciana' is Your purist Spanish chef will cook the dish from start to finish in a paella dish. Paella is a rice dish from Spain and may contain chicken, pork, shellfish, fish, eel, squid, beans, peas Paella is currently an internationally-known rice dish from Spain. It originated in the fields of a. The Spanish paella recipe is the most typical Tapas dish!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food spanish paella recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!