Prawn Wonton Soup. These wontons are filled with a juicy pork and prawn / shrimp filling and will Wonton soup. If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value. Wonton prawn dumpling is also known as "Sui Jiao" or "Jiao Zi" in Chinese.
Wonton soup can be enjoyed as a side dish or it can also be served with some egg noodles as a main dish. Wrappers which are made out of wheat, egg and water are used to wrap the meat and prawn. To make prawn wontons, put prawn, ginger, water chestnut, garlic, coriander and oil in a small food processor.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, prawn wonton soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
These wontons are filled with a juicy pork and prawn / shrimp filling and will Wonton soup. If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value. Wonton prawn dumpling is also known as "Sui Jiao" or "Jiao Zi" in Chinese.
Prawn Wonton Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Prawn Wonton Soup is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook prawn wonton soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Prawn Wonton Soup:
- Make ready 200-250 g of Frozen (or Fresh) Prawns.
- Get 1 pack of Wonton Wrappers (*25 to 30 sheets).
- Prepare 2-3 of Spring Onions *finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small piece Ginger *grated.
- Get 3-4 of Shiitake Mushrooms *finely chopped.
- Take 1/2 of Egg White.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- Take of White Pepper.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Potato Starch.
- Get of <Soup>.
- Get 4 cups of Dashi Stock *can be replaced by Chicken or Vegetable stock.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
Process until mixture is finely chopped. Lay wrappers on a flat surface. Check our our Prawn Wonton Noodle Soup recipe. Once you've got the hang of folding up the wontons it's a doddle.
Steps to make Prawn Wonton Soup:
- Place Dashi Stock in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add Salt & Soy Sauce and bring to a simmer. If you use Chicken or Vegetable stock, alter the amount of Salt & Soy Sauce. I recommend to add some Ginger slices and Spring Onion to the stock to add Asian flavour. (Remove them before cooking wontons.).
- Mince the thawed Prawns by chopping up, add Spring Onion, Ginger, Shiitake, Egg White and Potato Starch, then Salt & Pepper and mix well..
- Place 1 wonton wrapper on a plate, place 1 heaped teaspoon prawn mixture in centre. Wet edges with water and fold up to form a triangle and pinch to enclose. For soup, attach both bottom corner edges together. Repeat with remaining mixture and wrappers..
- Add wontons to simmering soup. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until wontons float to the surface and cooked through..
- Alternatively, you can deep fry the triangular wontons..
A comprehensive guide to making wonton and wonton soup. The recipe is the authentic wonton noodels of Hong Kong. (And a note on the Malaysian wonton mee). Sounds pretty fancy, but with a couple of cheat ingredients. There are great quality premade wontons available in the Asian freezer section in the grocery store, check them out. Wonton wrappers are stuffed with a mixture of cooked pork and prawns, seasoned with soy sauce and fresh ginger and gently simmered in chicken stock.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food prawn wonton soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!