Bengali Mutton Curry. This is the authentic way of cooking the mutton curry. This is a nice presentation can b eaten with steamed rice, chapatis and paranthas. Mangshor Jhol (Bengali light Mutton curry) in a Pressure Cooker!
The red coloured gravy with plump big potatoes is added attraction. And also adding freshly ground spice powders. Mutton curry (also referred to as kosha mangsho, lamb curry, or goat curry) is a dish that is prepared from Goat Meat (or sometimes Lamb meat ) and vegetables.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, bengali mutton curry. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Bengali Mutton Curry is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Bengali Mutton Curry is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
This is the authentic way of cooking the mutton curry. This is a nice presentation can b eaten with steamed rice, chapatis and paranthas. Mangshor Jhol (Bengali light Mutton curry) in a Pressure Cooker!
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook bengali mutton curry using 27 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Bengali Mutton Curry:
- Get of For marinade.
- Get of cumin powder.
- Take of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of red chilli powder.
- Make ready of kefir or smoothly whipped yoghurt.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of ginger-garlic paste.
- Take of kilo mutton shank.
- Take of For the curry.
- Prepare of Mustard oil.
- Take of dry bay leaves.
- Make ready of dry red chillies.
- Make ready of medium onions, sliced as thinly as possible.
- Get of ginger-garlic paste.
- Get of cardamom pods.
- Prepare of cloves.
- Take of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare of coriander seed powder.
- Prepare of Green chilli paste made from 3 or 4 Thai chillies.
- Prepare of turmeric powder.
- Get of red chilli powder.
- Take of potatoes.
- Make ready of hot water.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of garam masala powder.
- Prepare of ghee.
- Make ready of yoghurt or 1/4 cup kefir.
Recipes for Mutton Mince-curry, Shrimp-Curry, Prawns-curry,and others such as Misty Doyi Hi Soma i made this recipe yesterday. Not a bengali but had a craving for homely mutton curry and. I had prepared a Bengali style mutton curry for lunch today. Though I am not much of a mutton loving person, just thought of preparing it.
Instructions to make Bengali Mutton Curry:
- Marinate the meat for at least 2 hours – overnight is best, with salt, turmeric, chilli powder, cumin powder, ginger-garlic paste, yoghurt, and mustard oil..
- Pour enough mustard oil in a pan to create a 1 centimetre layer. Heat on medium till just barely smoking, and oil’s colour lightens to pale yellow. Add bay leaves, dry chillies, cloves, cardamom pods, and cinnamon stick..
- Fry onions till medium brown, but they shouldn’t be crispy. Add ginger-garlic paste, and fry for a minute..
- Tilt the pan and gather the oil to one side, and add the turmeric and chilli powder, fry for a few seconds and then mix everything together..
- Add green chilli paste and coriander powder and then mix well..
- Turn heat to low, let pan cool for 30 seconds to a minute, add yoghurt/kefir and stir vigorously to prevent it from splitting..
- Add the meat and sauté till slightly browned..
- Add the hot water, bring it down to a simmer, and simmer from 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours..
- Add ghee and garam masala, stir, and remove from the flame..
With a little help from mom, the preparation turned out well. One such meaty delight is the Bengali Mutton Curry, which stays true to authentic Bengali cooking with khada masala (whole spices), mustard oil, and the added flavor of boiled potatoes. The Bengali Mutton Curry made with Goat meat is synonymous with Sundays and daytime naps. Bengalis, people from the Indian state of West Bengal and Bangladesh There is one radical oddity that unites the cooks in the east and west – the niramish maangsho or "vegetarian" mutton curry, a. Mutton Kosha or Kosha Mangsho is meant for today with loads of love (apart from the spices in curry).
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food bengali mutton curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!