Lemongrass & Ginger Shrimp Stirfry. Aroma Essential Oils, Ultrasonic Aroma Diffusers – Free Postage & Delivery Options Cymbopogon, also known as lemongrass, barbed wire grass, silky heads, Cochin grass, Malabar grass, oily heads or fever grass, is a genus of Asian, African, Australian, and tropical island plants in the grass family. Lemongrass is a wonderful herb used to add a zesty, citrus flavour to many Asian soups and stir fries. It grows into a lovely arching grass clump that looks great in many garden locations not just the herb patch.
Its lemony stalks are most commonly used in East Asian cooking to add flavour to broths, soups and curries. The white section of the stalk has the strongest flavour whereas the green leaves at the tips have a subtler flavour which is perfect for making your own lemongrass tea. The lemongrass in the marinade is the tell-tail sign this recipe if from Vietnam where it is known as 'Thit Bo Nuong Xa'.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, lemongrass & ginger shrimp stirfry. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Aroma Essential Oils, Ultrasonic Aroma Diffusers – Free Postage & Delivery Options Cymbopogon, also known as lemongrass, barbed wire grass, silky heads, Cochin grass, Malabar grass, oily heads or fever grass, is a genus of Asian, African, Australian, and tropical island plants in the grass family. Lemongrass is a wonderful herb used to add a zesty, citrus flavour to many Asian soups and stir fries. It grows into a lovely arching grass clump that looks great in many garden locations not just the herb patch.
Lemongrass & Ginger Shrimp Stirfry is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Lemongrass & Ginger Shrimp Stirfry is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have lemongrass & ginger shrimp stirfry using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Lemongrass & Ginger Shrimp Stirfry:
- Take of zucchini, halved and sliced.
- Make ready of Green pepper, sliced.
- Prepare of Red pepper, sliced.
- Take of Shrimp, deveined and peeled.
- Prepare of thai yellow curry paste.
- Get of Coconut milk.
- Make ready of salt and pepper.
- Make ready of Coconut oil.
- Get of sesame seeds (optional) as a garnish.
- Prepare of Marinade.
- Make ready of lemongrass stalks, minced (tough outer bit removed).
- Get of Fresh grated ginger.
Cooked prawns are diced then placed in a lemongrass dressing that is wrapped in lettuce to be eaten. I leave out the chilli and my kids love it. Lemongrass grows with abundance in areas where conditions mimic the tropical habitat of their origin. Plants like lots of heat, light, and moisture: Provide this, and your lemongrass will grow and multiply quickly.
Steps to make Lemongrass & Ginger Shrimp Stirfry:
- Mince the lemongrass the best you can, add ginger and marinade the shrimp for 30 min..
- In a large pan heat coconut oil and add shrimp (not including marinade).
- When shrimp just turns pink, add the yellow curry paste and 1/2 the can of coconut milk, mix to combine..
- Add the veggies and cook for about 3 min..
- After 3 min, add the rest of the coconut milk, mix and let cook for 5 min..
- Serve with rice or noodles 😆😆😆 .. it doesn't take very long, I like my veggies to be a little crisp but you're more than welcome to cook longer . ENJOY!! 😉.
The culinary herb is produced from the stalk of the lemongrass plant (Cymbopogon citratus). This plant grows in many tropical climates, most notably in Southeast Asia. It is a common ingredient in Thai cooking and can also be found in dishes from Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and India. Lemongrass is an herb with a distinct citrusy flavor and aroma. Its scientific name is Cymbopogon citratus and it belongs to the grass family of Poaceae.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food lemongrass & ginger shrimp stirfry recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!