Mike's Steamed Artichokes & Parmesan Aioli. Prepare artichokes for steaming: Snap off tough outer leaves. Snip remaining sharp or spiky tips using kitchen shears. Trim stem so artichoke stands upright.
Cut stem from artichokes and discard, making sure the bottom of each artichoke is flat. Snip the thorny ends from each artichoke leaf with a pair of kitchen scissors. Get Steamed Artichokes Recipe from Food Network.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, mike's steamed artichokes & parmesan aioli. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Steamed Artichokes & Parmesan Aioli is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Mike's Steamed Artichokes & Parmesan Aioli is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Prepare artichokes for steaming: Snap off tough outer leaves. Snip remaining sharp or spiky tips using kitchen shears. Trim stem so artichoke stands upright.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mike's steamed artichokes & parmesan aioli using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Steamed Artichokes & Parmesan Aioli:
- Get of Artichokes.
- Prepare 2 large of Artichokes [room temp].
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Whole Peppercorns.
- Make ready 2 large of Garlic Cloves [smashed].
- Make ready 1 large of Lemon [quartered].
- Make ready 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare 1 large of Steamer Basket.
- Make ready 1 large of Pot With Lid.
- Get of Aioli Artichoke Dip.
- Get 1 cup of Mayonnaise.
- Make ready 3/4 cup of Fine Grated Parmesan.
- Take 1 tsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Take 1 of Squeezed Lemon Quarter.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt.
- Make ready of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Take 1 tsp of Dried Parsley.
- Take 1/3 cup of Artichokes In Water [drained – fine chop – optional].
- Make ready of Optional Dip Option.
- Take 1 of Cube Melted Butter.
After applying lemon juice, place the artichokes in a single layer in a steam basket. Add enough water to a pot to reach just below the steam basket, then heat the water to boiling. The heart is the meatiest part of the artichoke. Steamed artichokes may be served hot or cold.
Steps to make Mike's Steamed Artichokes & Parmesan Aioli:
- Rinse artichokes. Pull any brown leaves off. Cut off 3/4"off the tops and the entire stem with a serrated knife. Wipe a lemon wedge on the top and bottom of artichokes to prevent early browning. Add all herbs and seasonings [+3 or 4 squeezed lemon wedges] to a large pot with approximately 2" water and place your steamer basket inside. Water should not rise above basket base. Place artichokes in basket – stem side up. Steam for 30 to 45 minutes or, until your outer leaves can pull off easily..
- Serve artichokes hot and your Parmesan Aioli dip cold. Tear the leaves off and dip the thick base into your dip. Scrape your teeth along the ends to retrieve your meat..
- If, serving with melted or clarified butter, serve that hot as well. Also, serve with additional lemon wedges. Enjoy!.
Check for doneness by pulling off an outer leaf from each and poking the base of the stems with a sharp knife—if the leaves come off easily and the knife slips. This is the choke that protects the heart. Now, scrape away the thistle fuzz covering the artichoke heart. The heart is the meatiest and in my opinion, the best part of the artichoke. Steamed artichokes may be served hot or cold.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food mike's steamed artichokes & parmesan aioli recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!