Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Lentil and jackfruit cannelloni recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil and jackfruit cannelloni recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil and jackfruit cannelloni recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Energy.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. When we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. A bit of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult if it is snack time. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
Whole grain snacks are an superb choice for a fast healthy snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch. Eating on the run can easily be much healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than refined grains present in white bread.
You do not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil and jackfruit cannelloni recipe. You can have lentil and jackfruit cannelloni using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lentil and jackfruit cannelloni:
- You need 1 can of jackfruit.
- You need 1 can of green lentils.
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Use 1 clove of garlic crushed.
- Provide 1 stalk of celery finely chopped.
- You need Half of a courgette finely chopped.
- Provide 1 tsp of oregano.
- Use 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Get 2 of large tomatoes chopped.
- Use 250 ml of vegetable stock.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Get 12 of cannelloni tubes.
- Take of Tomato sauce.
- Get 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 tin of plum tomatoes.
- Take 1 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Take 3 sprigs of fresh oregano.
- You need of Small handful basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Provide of Layers / topping.
- Provide of Swiss chard (spinach would work too).
- Get 50 g of feta cheese.
- Provide 300 ml of creme fresh.
- Take 3 handfuls of grated Parmesan.
Instructions to make Lentil and jackfruit cannelloni:
- Prepare the filling by frying off the onion, celery, garlic and courgette until soft. Then add the remaining ingredients, cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes until the jackfruit is soft and flaking. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool..
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Then prepare the tomato sauce by frying off the onion and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil until soft. Add the plum tomatoes (break up with a spoon) and rinse the can with water and tip into the pan. Add the tomato purée, herbs and sugar and cook for 10 – 15 minutes. Season to taste..
- Make the white sauce by mixing 2 handfuls of grated Parmesan cheese and half a teaspoon of nutmeg, into the creme fraiche..
- Line the base of a high sided baking dish with chard leaves. Then fill the cannelloni tubes with the lentil mixture and lay the filled tubes on top of the chard. Next add a layer of tomato sauce and a sprinkling of feta cheese..
- Add another layer of chard, tomato sauce and top with the creme fraiche another handful of Parmesan cheese..
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, until the top is brown..
This is one of my go-to freezer meals I make to give to friends, and a great one to make for dinners to cater for both carnivores and vegetarians. I make it often throughout most of the year, except perhaps at the very height of summer. Yes, I love cannelloni that much! These BBQ Jackfruit Sandwiches are completely vegan but taste just like pulled pork! Like I said, canned jackfruit's texture certainly feels meaty, but it's low on flavor.
If you find this Lentil and jackfruit cannelloni recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.