General Tso Chicken Cutlets.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, general tso chicken cutlets. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
General Tso Chicken Cutlets is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. General Tso Chicken Cutlets is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have general tso chicken cutlets using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make General Tso Chicken Cutlets:
- Get of cutlets.
- Take 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- Take 1 tbsp of hot sauce (optional).
- Get 3 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare of salt.
- Take of ground black pepper.
- Make ready of optional breading.
- Prepare of flour or bread crumbs (optional).
- Get of Tso sauce.
- Get 1/2 cup of Chicken broth or water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Get 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- Take 3 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of catsup.
- Take 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Take 1 tsp of dried ground ginger.
- Prepare of crushed red pepper (optional).
- Prepare of cooking.
- Make ready of oil for pan frying.
Steps to make General Tso Chicken Cutlets:
- Place each piece of chicken, one at a time, between plastic wrap. Pound to about 1/2 inch thick..
- Mix all the cutlet ingredients (first 5 after the chicken) except the chicken, together in a bowl large enough to hold all the chicken..
- Add the chicken cutlets to the the bowl, mix well. Set aside..
- Mix all tso sauce (every thing else but the oil and bread crumbs) ingredients. I used about 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper for a little heat. Adjust to your taste..
- Added enough oil to a skillet to come up about 1/4 – 1/3 way up the cutlets. Set on medium to medium-high heat..
- I use the cutlets as is, the corn starch coating gives it slight crunch, but if you desire a thicker breading, dredge in seasoned flour or coat with bread crumbs..
- Add cutlets to hot oil, fry until golden, flip, fry other side. Depending on your thickness, 2-4 minutes a side..
- Set each cooked cutlet out to drain..
- When all cutlets are fried, remove all but about a tablespoon of oil..
- Give the tso sauce one final stir, the add to the skillet. Bring to a boil, boil for about 1 minute, until thick. Turn heat down to medium – medium low..
- Adds cutlets back to skillet to warm back up and coat with the sauce..
- Serve with rice, noodles or a side of your choice (couscous shown here).
- Note – I am using both chicken breast and chicken thighs in these pictures..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food general tso chicken cutlets recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!