Apple Custard Tart. The tarts I grew up with in South Australia were light on the apple and heavy on the custard, but these days I prefer it the other way around. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. This stunning tart is the ideal finale to a winter dinner party, from BBC Good Food magazine.
Ever wondered what an apple crumble tart would taste like with a custard filling? This easy recipe will become your best go-to dessert for any occasion, summer and fall alike. Recipe adapted from 'Tarte aux Pommes à l'Alsacienne' in France the Beautiful Cookbook by the Scotto Sisters – with extra cinnamon and reduced sugar in the filling.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, apple custard tart. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Apple Custard Tart is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Apple Custard Tart is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
The tarts I grew up with in South Australia were light on the apple and heavy on the custard, but these days I prefer it the other way around. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. This stunning tart is the ideal finale to a winter dinner party, from BBC Good Food magazine.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook apple custard tart using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Apple Custard Tart:
- Prepare 200 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 50 g of icing sugar.
- Take 125 g of butter.
- Take 1 of egg yolk.
- Get 900 g of crisp sharp dessert apples (about 6 large).
- Take 150 ml of single cream.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Get 35 g of caster sugar.
- Take 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of apricot jam, to glaze.
Nothing is more comforting than warmly spiced fruits, so this spiced apple and custard tart is the perfect dessert to enjoy this autumn. It's simple, elegant, and delicious served either warm or cold. This apple custard tart is known as tarte Normande in France. The crucial ingredient that makes it "Normande" is not the apples, but the Calvados apple brandy.
Steps to make Apple Custard Tart:
- To make the pastry blitz the flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor, or rub with your fingertips, until you have a mixture that looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the egg yolk and about 2 tbsp cold water and bring together to make a dough. Don't add too much water. Wrap in plastic film and chill in the fridge for 25 minutes..
- Roll the chilled pastry out thinly and use it to line a 23cm loose-based tart tin. Prick the base with a fork and chill again for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line the pastry case with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. You can use ordinary dried beans if you don't have special baking beans (which are ceramic), and I also have a friend who uses loose change..
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the baking beans and paper and place back in the oven. You can brush the pastry with egg white at this stage to make it even more safely sealed. Cook for another 5 minutes or so until completely dried out. Allow the pastry to cool..
- Peel and core the apples, I used a bowl of lemon water to keep them from going brown. Then slice very thinly and arrange in regular concentric circles (quite difficult) in the cooled pastry case..
- Mix together the cream, egg, sugar and vanilla extract, and pour into the pastry case. Bake for 35 minutes, still at 180C/Gas 4 until the custard is just set and the apples cooked..
- Remove the tart from the oven and while hot brush with warmed apricot jam for a shiny, golden finish. Serve warm with vanilla cream or ice cream..
Bake this French tart and your whole. This unforgettable apple tart gets added richness from custard baked right in. This tart is surprisingly easy to make! Remove tart from the oven, cool, then chill. Cut dessert apples into slices the thickness Make the tart the day before.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food apple custard tart recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!