Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Rustic Sausage, Lentil and Swiss Chard Sauce recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Rustic Sausage, Lentil and Swiss Chard Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rustic Sausage, Lentil and Swiss Chard Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Vitality Goodies.
We are very mindful that having healthy foods can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a portion of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
When looking for a convenient wholesome snack, make sure you remember about yogurt. In fact, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. Low fat yogurt makes a amazing snack, nonetheless. It is a protein-rich supply of healthy vitamins and minerals. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your digestive tract work correctly depending upon the culture used to produce it. Quick hint: pick unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent way to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without having too much sugar.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy and balanced doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to rustic sausage, lentil and swiss chard sauce recipe. To make rustic sausage, lentil and swiss chard sauce you only need 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Rustic Sausage, Lentil and Swiss Chard Sauce:
- Get 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Use 1 lb of Italian sausage, removed from its casing.
- Provide 2 of onions, minced.
- Use 2 of carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
- You need 1 of celery rib, minced.
- Provide 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Get 1 tbsp of minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried.
- Take 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Provide 5 cup of low-sodium chicken broth.
- Take 3/4 cup of lentilles du Puy or brown lentils (51/4 ounces), picked over and rinsed.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- Use 1 lb of swis chard, stemmed and leaves sliced 1/2 inch thick.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and Pepper.
Steps to make Rustic Sausage, Lentil and Swiss Chard Sauce:
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Brown sausage well, breaking up large pieces with wooden spoon, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat left in skillet..
- Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and oregano to fat in skillet and cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are softened and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in wine, scraping up any browned bits and smoothing out any lumps; transfer to slow cooker..
- Stir broth, lentils, and bay leaves into slow cooker. Cover and cook until lentils are tender, 9 to 11 hours on low or 5 to 7 hours on high..
- Gently stir in chard, cover and cook on high until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Let sauce settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon. Discard bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
I purchased swiss chard the other day and was looking for something to do with it. I stumbled upon a recipe which I promptly revamped. Lentils and other vegetables should be cooked but not overly soft. Remove bay leaves, stir and serve with fresh baked cornbread and jalapeno pepper sauce on. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
If you find this Rustic Sausage, Lentil and Swiss Chard Sauce recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.