Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Swiss Chard Tart recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Swiss Chard Tart recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Treats.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a portion of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to make you feel healthy. Why not try one of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain snacks are an excellent choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that extra boost you need to get going. When you have to have a fast snack on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Choosing whole grain foods is always better than eating the refined grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
You don’t have to look far to locate a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to swiss chard tart recipe. To make swiss chard tart you need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Swiss Chard Tart:
- Provide 1 of here is a link for a great tart dough recipe…. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/recipe/basic-tart-dough.html.
- Get 1 bunch of Swiss chard.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- Use 1/2 cup of half n half.
- Prepare 1 cup of white cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Take 1 of garlic clove minced.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Get 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Steps to make Swiss Chard Tart:
- Prepare tart dough recipe, it Doesnt have to be the link I provided. Just make sure your dough goes into a spring form pan. It will be so much easier to cut and serve. A tart pan is fine as well. If you can find frozen tart shells, by all means give it a go..
- Prepare your swiss chard…Wash and chop the leaves. Chop the stems into finer pieces and put in separate bowls. Set aside..
- In a large sautee pan, add onions and swiss chard stems to oil and cook for about 10 min until softened. Add garlic and cook for just 30 seconds..
- Add swiss chard leaves, salt to taste, pepper and the juice of half the lemon. Watch out for those seeds! Cook for about 5 min..
- Remove from heat and let cool. Drain any excess liquid from swiss chard mix through a strainer..
- To a food processor, add swiss chard mix, 1 beaten egg, parmesan, shredded cheese, and half and half. Pulse a few times to incorporate. You still want it somewhat chunky. I've omitted this step of the food processor before and it was still great, just more texture was in the tart. You could combine everything with a spoon or by hand..
- Pour mix into prepared crust and bake for 45 to 50 min at 350°F..
- When the tart comes out it should be set, top with a sprinkle of more cheddar if you'd like. Makes it look pretty. Let cool for about 15 min before removing the sides of a spring form pan and slicing into. Pie like cuts is the suggested serving. Serve with extra lemon wedges on the side to drizzle over..
Swiss chard and pasta tart recipe; a crunchy vegan appetizer with maccheroni pasta, pumpkin and Porcini mushrooms by chef Pietro Leemann from Milan. Spread leek mixture into tart shell, and sprinkle with Gruyere. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and chard stems, season with kosher. This Swiss chard, goat cheese, and leek tart is a stunning juxtaposition of chard and leeks nestled in an herbed pastry crust and studded with goat cheese, pine nuts, and raisins.
If you find this Swiss Chard Tart recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.