Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Power.
We all know that eating healthy snacks can help us truly feel better within our bodies. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy types plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to help you feel healthy. Here are a few healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
If you are not hypersensitive to nuts, try eating some almonds! As an all-in-one vitality booster, almonds offer you many health rewards. Various vitamins and minerals are found in these wonderful nuts. Almonds, like turkey, come with the enzyme tryptophan which may often cause you to be sleepy. But when you eat almonds, you don’t feel like you must sleep a while. Rather they will simply help your muscles and gastrointestinal system relax while also helping you feel less frustrated. Almonds often provide a general increased sense of well-being.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to swiss chard and mushroom polenta recipe. To cook swiss chard and mushroom polenta you only need 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta:
- Prepare 150 grams of Cornmeal.
- Prepare 800 ml of Water or thin soup stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Take 3 tbsp of Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Use 3 large of leaves Swiss chard.
- You need 10 of Button mushrooms.
- Get 1 bunch of Pine nuts (or other nuts or seeds).
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- Take 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Get 1 of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta:
- Blanch the Swiss chard for a few minutes and then squeeze out the water. Cut into bite-size pieces..
- Slice the mushrooms and onions..
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the onion until translucent and soft..
- Add the mushrooms and pine nuts and stir-fry. Add the Swiss chard and lightly stir-fry. Season with salt and pepper..
- Boil the water (or stock) in a pot. Stir the cornmeal, a little at a time, into the boiling water..
- The cornmeal will thicken; stir constantly with a wooden spatula. Lower the heat and continue stirring..
- After it's simmered for 20 minutes, add the butter and parmesan cheese (if desired) and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Polenta becomes firm once it cools. You can then slice it and grill it. (The photo shows firm polenta that I made with 600 ml of water)..
Spoon the polenta into a large serving bowl, top with the chard and mushrooms, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Swiss chard is fantastic because you can eat the stems and no need to worry about being bitter. The polenta was cooked in veggie broth. Because the polenta is soft, it tends to stick even with a good amount of oil in the bottom of some pans, and you lose what I think is the best part: the golden crispy outside. Swiss chard is sauteed in olive oil with mushrooms and roasted red pepper in this colorful vegetarian side dish seasoned with white wine.
If you find this Swiss Chard and Mushroom Polenta recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.