Cucumber Kimchi. Cucumber kimchi (Oi Kimchi, 오이 김치) is a popular summer kimchi in Korea. Essentially, both of them are cucumber kimchi. But one kimchi is serve with stuffed vegetables inside and the other one.
This cucumber kimchi is the easiest kimchi you can try to make this summer. Crisp, crunchy, spicy and refreshingly delicious! Cucumber Kimchi, easy peasy summer kimchee.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, cucumber kimchi. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cucumber Kimchi is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Cucumber Kimchi is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Cucumber kimchi (Oi Kimchi, 오이 김치) is a popular summer kimchi in Korea. Essentially, both of them are cucumber kimchi. But one kimchi is serve with stuffed vegetables inside and the other one.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cucumber kimchi using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cucumber Kimchi:
- Get 1 of English Cucumber.
- Make ready 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Take 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ginger grated.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Get 1/2 tablespoon of Fish sauce.
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of Honey.
- Prepare 1 of &1/2 Tablespoon Korean Chili powder.
The heat, the humidity, the sweat, nicely preheated car in the parking lot. Quick Cucumber Kimchi. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This quick cucumber kimchi recipe is much more pungent and spicy than its Japanese counterpart (e.g., pickled daikon) and because of that, contains higher levels of nutrients and vitamins. Oi Sobagi (cucumber kimchi) is a delicious kimchi with a refreshing taste and crunchy texture.
Steps to make Cucumber Kimchi:
- Cut off both ends of the cucumber. Divide the cucumber into 4 pieces, then cross-cut each piece. Remove the centre (the seeds) of the cucumber if it is watery and slimy. Then cut the cucumbers into sticks. You should end up with 5-6cm long cucumber sticks..
- Put the cucumber into a large bowl then scatter the salt around on top. Gently mix them so that the salt spreads evenly..
- Put the cucumbers in a strainer to drain excess water. Set it aside for 20 minutes..
- Julienne the carrots. If you have a vegetable slicer, it would be fast and easy..
- Mince the garlic as small as possible..
- Grate the ginger..
- Put the carrots, garlic and the ginger into a food bag..
- Then, put the sugar, fish sauce, honey and the chilli powder into the same food bag..
- Check that the cucumbers are slightly salted (but not too much). If it is too salty, give the cucumbers a quick rinse. If you can’t taste the salt at all, add a bit more salt..
- Put the cucumbers into the same food bag and mix well..
- Leave for 20 minutes or more at room temperature, and then the Oi Kimchi’s ready to eat!.
- Then keep it in the fridge..
In Korea, Oi Sobagi is more often enjoyed during the spring and summer time when cucumbers are in. Easy to make and full of healthy, gut-supporting probiotics. If you want a real treat, use this recipe to make stuffed cucumber kimchi (or kimchee). Known as oi sobaegi in Korean, this wildly popular dish is hard to keep on the table or in the fridge. Cucumber Kimchi – Oi Kimchi – Vegan and Gluten Free.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food cucumber kimchi recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!