Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Treats.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A little bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
Try eating almonds unless you suffer from nut allergies. Almonds offer a multitude of health advantages and are an excellent choice when you require a shot of energy. Almonds are a natural way to obtain B vitamins as well as other vitamins and minerals. They actually do, however, have tryptophan-the same enzyme which makes you tired after eating turkey. Having said that, you may not need a nap after eating almonds. Alternatively they will just help your muscles and digestive system relax while also helping you feel less stressed out. Almonds typically give a general increased a feeling of well-being.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily available. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to my ham shank soup (thick pea soup) recipe. To cook my ham shank soup (thick pea soup) you need 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup):
- Get 4 of large carrots scraped and cut into chunky slices.
- Take 250 g of Yellow Split Peas.
- Take of About 800g Ham Shank.
- Prepare of Boil in 2 1/2 Pints water.
- Take of Add a little black pepper.
Instructions to make My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup):
- Rinse the split yellow peas under cold water for a few minutes. Add the shank to boiling water and cook for 30 minutes, take out and take all the fat off it will come away easy then..
- Scrape and slice the carrots chunky. Add the split peas to the ham shank water with the shank when fat and skin removed. Simmer for about an hour then check if the meat comes off. If not leave for another hour for the split peas to be cooked..
- Fat and skin taken off. Add it back to the water with the split peas and carrots. Leave to simmer away for about an hour then check if the meat falls off the bone..
- Meat falling off the bone. When you take the bone out and grissle. Let it boil a little longer then some fat will float on top and you can scoop it off..
- After simmering. Turn off and leave for about an hour before serving as it goes thicker. Next day its the best. Cooked turn off and leave and it will be much thicker and meat falling to bits. So tasty. You can freeze this soup too..
This soup is delicious and perfect for a fall evening. My supermarket only had smoked ham shank which is bigger and has more meat than hock. Super easy soup for my Saturday in quarantine. It has a tiny kick but my little dude approves- he's six. It has a nice richness and a bit of smoke.
If you find this My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.