Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Chunky Pea & Ham Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chunky Pea & Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chunky Pea & Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Power.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. If we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the bad ones we typically feel much better. A piece of pizza does not cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have so many options. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
While searching for a convenient wholesome snack, make sure you remember about yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. You can’t beat yogurt any time it comes to a nutritious snack though. Along with calcium, it’s a good supplier of necessary protein and vitamin B. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your digestive system work properly depending upon the culture used to produce it. Yogurt mixes wonderfully with nuts as well as seeds. This reduces your sugar consumption without lowering the taste of your snack.
A large assortment of quick health snacks is easily accessible. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chunky pea & ham soup recipe. To make chunky pea & ham soup you need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chunky Pea & Ham Soup:
- Prepare 500 grams of Green split peas.
- Use 1 of Leek, sliced.
- Prepare 3 large of carrots, diced.
- Provide 2 large of potatoes, diced.
- Take 3 of Celery stalks, diced.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 4 of Smoked ham bones (or bacon bones).
- Get 200 grams of Piece of smoked ham.
- Use 1 of Cracked black pepper to taste.
Steps to make Chunky Pea & Ham Soup:
- Soak split peas for 6 hours or over night..
- Drain, rinse and add to large pot. Cover with cold water..
- Bring to the boil then gently simmer until peas start to break up..
- Whilst waiting for that to happen- throw carrots, leek and celery in a large heavy base pan and fry until softened (not browned)..
- Add celery, leek and carrots to the peas along with potatoes, bay leaves, ham bones and ham..
- Keep it simmering for around an eternity until the smell makes you salivate and soup is thickened..
- Remove ham piece, chop it up and throw it back in..
- I like to leave the bones in but you can remove if wanted. Nothing beats sucking on a bacon bone whilst you eat your soup (for me). Crack some black pepper, top with some chopped celery leaves and serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!.
If you find this Chunky Pea & Ham Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.