Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Split Pea & Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea & Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Energy.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of well being. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. A piece of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
Foods made from whole grains are excellent for a quick snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than refined grains included in white bread.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea & ham soup recipe. To make split pea & ham soup you need 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Split Pea & Ham Soup:
- Get 16 oz of dried green split peas.
- Prepare 8 cup of water.
- Get 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Use 2 cup of carrots, chopped.
- Use 2 cup of celery, sliced.
- Use 4 clove of garlic.
- Take 1 of ham bone.
- Take 4 cup of ham, cubed.
- Prepare 2 litres of water.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
Steps to make Split Pea & Ham Soup:
- Place split peas and 2 litres water in large saucepan..
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour. Drain..
- Heat oil in soup pot..
- Sauté onion, carrots, celery and garlic in oil over medium-low heat until tender – about 10 minutes..
- Add drained peas, ham bone, cubed ham, 2 litres water, salt and pepper..
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally..
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour..
- Remove cover and continue simmering until desired thickness (we do between 12 and 24 hours), stirring occasionally..
- Remove ham bone, cut off any remaining meat..
- Dice meat and return to soup before serving..
They have been mechanically split so that they will cook faster. See how to make classic split pea soup with ham. It takes only minutes to prepare, and will quickly become a family favorite, especially during the chilly months. Find split peas stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day.
If you find this Split Pea & Ham Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.