Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Power.
We all know that consuming healthy foods can help us feel better in our bodies. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the bad ones we generally feel much better. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. This can be a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between goodies. Finding snacks that will help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks that you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Probably the most popular treats is natural yogurt. Often people decide to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the greatest idea. Low fat yogurt makes a wonderful snack, nonetheless. Along with calcium, it really is a good source of aminoacids and vitamin B. Yogurt is easy for the physical body to digest and, dependent on the type of culture utilized to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help manage your digestive system. Try adding some nutritious nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an easy way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
A large assortment of quick health snacks is easily available. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hj's slow cooker split pea soup recipe. To cook hj's slow cooker split pea soup you only need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Get of Soup mix.
- Prepare 16 oz of Dried green split peas..
- Take 2 of Ham hocks, or 2 cups diced ham.
- You need 3 of Carrots, peeled and sliced..
- Take 1/2 cup of Onion. Chopped.
- Get 2 of Ribs of celery plus leaves. Chopped..
- Take 2 clove of Garlic. Minced..
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Fresh parsley, chopped, or 2 tsp dried parsley flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Seasoned salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 6 cup of Hot water.
- Take of Optional but delicious.
- Prepare 1 cup of Andouille Sausage cut into 1/4" rounds.
Instructions to make Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given; pour in water. Do not stir ingredients..
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10 hours until peas are very soft and ham falls off the bone..
- Remove bones and bay leaf. Chop meat into bite sized pieces..
- Mash peas to thicken more, if desired..
- About an hour before you are ready to serve brown sausage and add to soup. if you are going to add this option..
- Serve garnished with croutons. Freezes well..
If another pureed soup sounds delicious, then I really hope that you enjoy this slow cooker split pea and ham soup as much as I did. If you have some feedback, tips, variations, or anything. Making Split Pea Soup in the Slow Cooker is so easy and perfect for busy weeknight meals. I love using smoked ham hocks in pea soup, it gives the soup a wonderful smoky flavor, but if you don't have ham hocks you can also use a leftover ham bone, ham steak or even smoked turkey leg instead. This split pea soup is almost as easy as opening a can, and twice as yummy.
If you find this Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.