Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Split pea soup with ham recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split pea soup with ham recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Goodies.
We all know that consuming healthy meals can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This is often a problem, however, when it comes to eating between snacks. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have so many options. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Probably the most popular snack foods is low fat yogurt. Often people decide to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the best idea. You can’t beat yogurt whenever it comes to a nutritious snack though. It is a protein-rich supply of wholesome nutritional vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your digestive system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to create it. Try including some wholesome nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. This minimizes your sugar consumption without lowering the taste of your snack.
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea soup with ham recipe. To make split pea soup with ham you need 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Split pea soup with ham:
- You need 2 lb of dry split peas.
- Take 1 large of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 of chopped celery stalks.
- You need 6 of minced garlic cloves.
- Use 1/2 cup of chopped carrots.
- You need 10 cup of water or chicken broth.
- You need 1 of ham bone , trimming the fat the best you can.
- Take 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of salt/ pepper to taste.
Instructions to make Split pea soup with ham:
- In a big dutch oven or a heavy pot, put the ham, the split peas, water or the chicken broth, onion and garlic..
- Bring to boil and then, lower to medium heat. Remove the foam and continue to cook for 1 hour, mixing often because split peas tend to stick in the bottom..
- Add the remaining ingredients and lower the heat to simmer up to 40 more minutes, mixing often.add more liquid if you want.
- At this point, the split peas must be like pureè. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with herbed or garlic croutons.ENJOY!.
This split pea soup recipe is adapted from one written by Julia Child years ago for a Parade Magazine article. Purchased split peas at Whole Foods- out of dispenser (not pre-packaged) and they cooked perfectly, in accordance with recipe. I've always said that Lentil Soup is the least sexy looking soup in the world. Here's what you need for pea and ham soup. Place the split peas in the slow cooker along with the water, ham bone, onions, carrots, and celery.
If you find this Split pea soup with ham recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.