Fall Brandied Squash.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, fall brandied squash. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Fall Brandied Squash is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Fall Brandied Squash is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have fall brandied squash using 7 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Fall Brandied Squash:
- Get 3 medium of butternut squash (about 11 cups cubed).
- Get 2 large of acorn squash (about 11 cups cubed).
- Get 2 lb of dried pitted cherries (about 5.5 cups).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Christian brothers brandy (or whatever brand you like).
- Take 1 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 3 cup of light brown Sugar (less if you want it less sweet.. more for more sweet).
- Prepare 1 of ground cinnamon (see directions).
Instructions to make Fall Brandied Squash:
- Wash any dirt or debree from your squash..
- Starting with your butternut squash. But if the ends..
- Cut squash in half lengthwise..
- Scoop out seeds..
- Peel squash..
- Slice short ways then cube..
- Repeat until all butternut squash is cubed. Place in a large bowl..
- Now working with the acorn squash. . Cut in half as shown and scoop out seeds..
- Cut aLong the natural grooves making wedges..
- Peel squash wedges..
- SLice and cube wedges. Place in a large bowl.
- Bring a large stock pot to a rolling boil. Place all cubed squash into boiling water. Boil for a few minutes until squash is firm tender..
- Place squash into a colander and drain rinsing with cold water to cool squash to stop the cooking proCess..
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a large bowl place all the squash and the cherries. Toss well..
- Divide squash mix equally between two large baking sheets..
- Mix together melted butter and brandy..
- Divide brandy butter mix equally between both pans drizzling over squash..
- Sptinkle brown sugar equally over all the squash. I used a sifter for easier sprinkling..
- Sprinkle cinnamon across the top. As Much as you would like..
- Place squash in oven on middle oven rack. Bake for about 30 Minutes or until ask squash is cooked through. Oven isn't big enough to place them side by side so I did one on top the other . Naked 15 min. Then traded places and baked an additional 15 min..
- ReMove from oven and scoop out into a serving bowl. Pour juices over..
- Serve and enjoy!.
- Pretty much any type of squash can be used even pumpkin. Taste good warm, hot or cold! Also awesome if yOu add mini marshmallows sprinkle on top last 15 min of baKing.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food fall brandied squash recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!