Pan Seared Duck Breast. Place duck breasts, skin side down, in a large, cold sauté pan. Place pan over low to medium-low heat. To keep the edges from curling up, press duck breasts down with the help of a smaller sauté pan.
Lay the duck breast skin-side down; the skin should sizzle as it hits the hot pan. You do not need any oil since the fat under the skin will quickly begin to melt. Use a sharp knife to score the fat of each in a diamond pattern, taking care not to cut into the meat.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, pan seared duck breast. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pan Seared Duck Breast is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Pan Seared Duck Breast is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Place duck breasts, skin side down, in a large, cold sauté pan. Place pan over low to medium-low heat. To keep the edges from curling up, press duck breasts down with the help of a smaller sauté pan.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have pan seared duck breast using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pan Seared Duck Breast:
- Make ready 3 of duck breasts.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 2 tbsp of paprika.
- Take 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of salt.
- Take 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of dried orageno.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried thyme.
Season both sides of each breast generously with salt and pepper, then place them skin side down in a large, cold skillet. In the pan that you seared the duck breasts add back a tablespoon of the reserved duck fat. The roux can get dark brown, as this will help the color of the pan gravy. Cooking duck breast in the pan is the most classic, and arguably, delicious & simple approach to a duck breast recipe.
Steps to make Pan Seared Duck Breast:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Season the entire duck breast with spices. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil..
- When the oil is hot, add the duck breast, skin side down. Sear for 6 minutes. Flip the duck breast over and place the pan in the oven..
- Roast the breasts for 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the duck breasts to rest 2 to 3 minutes before slicing. Slice each duck breast, into 1/2-inch pieces..
Even if you've never learned how to cook duck breast in a skillet, you likely already know to make seared duck breast. That's because pan searing DUCKCHAR Moulard Duck Breast is as easy, simple and familiar as searing a fine steak. Season the duck breasts with salt and pepper. Heat sauté pan (cast iron skillet if you have one) until really hot. The idea is to slowly render the fat.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food pan seared duck breast recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!