Copycat Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, copycat krispy kreme glazed doughnuts. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Copycat Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Copycat Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have copycat krispy kreme glazed doughnuts using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Copycat Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts:
- Take of Doughnuts.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Take 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Get 1/4 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 large of Egg.
- Get 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get 1/4 cup of shortening.
- Take 2 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare of Glaze.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Make ready 1 pinch of salt.
- Make ready 2 tsp of evaporated milk.
- Get 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 tsp of warm water.
Instructions to make Copycat Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts:
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, whisk together yeast, warm water and 1/2 tsp of the sugar. Let rest 5 – 10 minutes. Add in evaporated milk, remaining granulated sugar (3 Tbsp + 2 1/2 tsp), salt, 1/4 cup shortening, egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Add half of the flour and set mixer with whisk attachment and blend until smooth. Switch mixer to hook attachment, slowly add remaining flour and knead on low speed until smooth and elastic about 4 – 5 minutes, adding additional flour as needed (I only added about 2 Tbsp more. You shouldn't need a lot more, you want dough to be slightly sticky and tacky but shouldn't stick to a clean fingertip). Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until double in size, about 1 1/2 hours..
- Punch dough down and roll into an even layer onto a floured surface to slightly less than 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into doughnut shapes using a doughnut cutter or two round circle cutters (on large and one small for holes). Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Heat shortening in a cast iron dutch oven to 360°F (don't walk away from oil while preheating and don't let it get above 375°F, remove from heat and reduce heat as needed). Meanwhile, prepare glaze by mixing together all of the glaze ingredients in a shallow dish (don't add too much water, you'll be dipping warm doughnuts in glaze so you don't want it to be runny, fairly thick is good). Carefully transfer doughnuts to oil (I could fry 3 at a time) and fry until golden on bottom, then using a wooden chopstick, flip to opposite side and fry opposite side until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool 1 – 2 minutes then dip top half in glaze while still warm and return to wire rack and allow glaze to set at room temperature. Best served warm. Once cool reheat in microwave 5 – 10 seconds if desired..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food copycat krispy kreme glazed doughnuts recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!